About History Queensland Inc
History Queensland Inc, formerly known as the Queensland Association of Local and Family History Societies Inc. (QALFHS) was established as a not-for-profit organisation in the state of Queensland on 15 July 1995.
Local and Family History Societies operate throughout Queensland because of the dedication of thousands of members who give their services voluntarily to promote their common interest.
The Association was formed as a state-wide umbrella organization to encourage liaison and co-operation between local and family history societies, to promote greater awareness of local and family history and to encourage all levels of government to recognize the importance of local and family history.
The Association publishes a quarterly newsletter, History Queensland News as a means of communication and of disseminating information relevant to the interests of member societies.
History Queensland is a non-profit organization, run entirely by volunteers.
How History Queensland can help your Group
- Provide support and advice for interested groups and individuals wishing to form a regional or local society, or improve the services of existing societies
- Provide affordable public liability insurance
- Provide financial assistance in the form of a Small Community Grant for member societies for approved projects
- Co-ordinate a fair for members to showcase their activities and sell publications
- Provide unified representation to government and other relevant bodies on matters of concern to members
To maximize our effectiveness, we need your membership.
Our Aims and Objectives include -
- promotion and development of opportunities for people to participate in family history, local history, genealogical, heraldic and small museum activities
- organization and participation in conferences, seminars and other relevant events
- to produce and distribute publications with useful and interesting information on local and family history and related subjects