History Queensland Inc.
PO Box 399 Mt Gravatt Qld 4122
ABN 12 234 568 600
Q: What activities has History Queensland undertaken in recent years
A: Past activities include:
- held general meetings in Rockhampton, Caboolture, Gayndah, Goondiwindi, Boonah, Bundaberg, Toowoomba, North Pine. These meetings included guest speakers and conducted tours.
- given evidence before the Federal Government's inquiry into the treatment of Census Forms. The Association's contribution has been included in a volume of published submissions.
- published a Local History Directory 1998 listing Queensland local history publications available for sale.
- held six biennial Family and Local History Fairs at the Mt Gravatt Showgrounds, Brisbane.
- making submissions to State Cabinet relating to conservation of archival material and access to records
- leading a campaign to Federal Government to keep national archives vital to Queensland in Queensland
Q: What insurance options do you offer?
A: A list of insurance options is available here.
Q: Who is eligible to join History Queensland?
A: Our constitution (2011) limits membership to:
- Member Societies whose representatives must be nominated members of "duly constituted non profit genealogical, family history or historical societies in the State of Queensland"
- Associate Members being special interest groups and/or persons who may or may not have membership of an affiliated society. Such members have no voting rights
- Honorary Members and Life Members
Q: Great! How can we join?
A: An online application is available here (PDF).